Because I have a memory like a sieve, I totally by passed when some fellow bloggers gave me a ‘blogging award’. After cruising some post I came across these again and decided to catch up.
1. The Versatile Blogger Award
Thank you to Hollie at Too Beautiful for Earth for thinking of me.
Thank you to Sara at A Bend In The Road for understanding my straight talking
3. The 7 x 7 Blog Award
Thank you to Jenna at Riding the Crazy Infertility Train -I lub your blog too
These kinds of awards are to basically spread the love. Each has it’s rules to follow if you receive it, i’m not sure if combining them is allowed but meh! I’m doing it.
The Versatile wants 7 things about me and 15 blogs to give awards too. The Liebster wants 5 blogs and links to all. The 7 x 7 wants something about me, 7 posts of mine to revisit and 7 blogs. So here I go spreading the love and sharing the wonderful blogs I have found.
7 Things about me:
1. I have a cat (living with my MIL) who is called Bane – AKA the bane of my existence. I love her but she is nuts. I almost had to put her down at one stage because she seriously lost her marbles – people were afraid to come over to my house. Hopefully she will be coming back to live with me soon.
2. I have worked as a waitress, a cook, a bush regenerator, a courier driver, an airport security officer, a dog kennel attendant (cleaned about 100 dog kennels/day), bar tender, truck driver offsider, labourer at a plant nursery, call centre operator – that’s all I can think of right now.
3. I finished my Bachelor of Science by the age of 21 and then did nothing related to it (see number 2) for 15 years, but eventually I became a high school science teacher even though I can’t stand teenagers.
4. I really, really wish I could sing, but I can’t. In year 7 when our school choir was asked to be the choir in a performance, I was told to mime. I didn’t. Last time I sung in a choir
5. According to family pictures I didn’t wear clothes until the age of 8ish.
6. Once when our family was camping (in the middle of absolutely freakin no where) I was bored and went for a walk. Six hours later I realised I had been gone for awhile and started running back to camp (took me two hours). As I came over the hill I looked down and could see the search party out for me and people yelling my name. Dad was not impressed.
7. I never wanted kids. Ever. Until I met my husband. I realised I had just never met anyone before who I would trust to have kids with. No I wonder what I will do if I can’t have kids.
OK so the top 5 get both the Liebster, Versatile and 7 X 7:
Sara has a beautiful, wonderful way with words. I don’t know how she does it. So many times I have read her blog and thought ‘that’s what I feel’.
Hollie’s posts are raw and powerful. She is upfront and honest in sharing her life and emotions after losing her beautiful boy Seth.
A lovely and often sad blog about how a mother helps one son navigate the questions about death after his little brother passes away at just 16 months. I am always amazed at the strength and love this mother has.
Short and sweet (sometimes bitter sweet) glimpses into the life of a mother after the death of her boy Lucien. I love the mix of emotion and random bits of life in her posts.
I’m glad to say after all she has been through she now has FOUR on the way! It is going to be an interesting journey (to say the least).
And for the next 2 the 7 x 7 and the Versatile:
How does one fight to find the support you think you should just get? This blog gives you an honest account of her battle.
Sharing a life through some amazing photography. Brightens my day
The next 8 get the Versatile
Funny, heart warming mother in love with her bub after infertility.
Two stillbirths and now dealing with the adoption process. I think about this lady often and hope that good things happen for her.
Loss and a subsequent pregnancy. Remembering Hope and finding hope.
Everything is looked at with such a wonderful sense of humour.
12.Stillbirth Matters: dedicated to stillbirth research, education and prevention
Some great information.
Because I wish I could do half the stuff this powerhouse of a woman does!
I hate finding new stories of loss but glad I came across them.
How the ordinary is beautiful once you stop to look.
Ok so one more thing for the 7 X 7 – 7 posts of mine worth a look a revisit
1. Charlotte Mabel - my gorgeous girl and the reason I started this blog
2. A Little Bit Stressed - starting arguments just so you can vent
3. Always With Me - making memorial pieces
4. Facing the World - wanting to hide from it all
5. Forgiveness - forgiving myself for Charlotte’s death
6. Prepare for Cliche Overload - all the stupid things people say
7. Warrior - finding strength through my dreams
And that’s me caught up I think